Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I Believe I Can Blog!


HA - I b'lieve I can b'log ..... This might be fun! I've read others (Kathy, Jenn, Missy, Denny) and I think I can keep up with this with a little effort and a few good pictures. So, here we go -

The picture of the birdhouse is actually a gourd that Caleb and Pa-paw (my dad) cleaned out and painted a few weeks ago. The birdhouse is hanging in the magnolia tree just outside of our bedroom window and the wren that now lives within sings his little heart out every morning. Of course, when I took this picture, he was no where to be found - unfortunately!

We have a nest of baby robins that I'm hoping to get pictures of tomorrow night. The momma bird is not too crazy about me getting too close to her babies - she nearly had a fit tonight, and I thought for a minute I'd get her picture as she landed right beside me on the tree. Every feather on the top of her head was standing up!

I'm such a dork though - when I was taking pictures with the 35 mm, I snapped several shots and then looked down to see how many pictures I had left, and discovered that there wasn't any film in the camera. So I went to get the digital camera (thus the gourd bird house), and soon discovered that the battery was dead. We had a camera crisis. Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow night!

Good night!


No comments: