Friday, June 8, 2007

Being a Mom


Being a mom is the toughest job on earth and I'm sure there are other mothers who would agree whole-heartedly. During the past few weeks, one of my beloved youngsters has 'left the nest' so to speak (another bird reference - see previous posts) despite the fact that his parents know that he's not fully ready to fly. There are other influences on his life now, and it has big dark eyes, and a lovely smile! I pray each day that God will protect him from physical harm and help him to make good choices and right decisions. I have prayed many times that God would humble me and during these past few weeks, He's done just that - provide a healthy dose of humility. While raising this particular youngster, I always thought that he'd grow up to do what I wanted him to do and I was sure he'd never stray too far. However, I' ve suddenly realized that he is a very unique individual who no longer wants to do what I want him to do, and he's totally and completely in God's hands. And so I give him to God each day (since He already had him) - with open palms facing upward as if to free him from my grasp. And then I pray that God will give him a swift kick in the tail feathers while protecting him from falling. (It's a control thing and I'm working on it.)

1 comment:

Melissa Milbourn said...

hey! your blog looks awesome Paula! Welcome to the blogosphere!