Monday, September 10, 2007

Humble Pie (Isn't very good!)

It's been an ongoing prayer of mine since early summer (maybe early Spring - HA - maybe even longer!) that God would give me a big dose of humble pie. And without going into detail, I will say that the servings of 'pie' haven't necessarily been large, but they've been relentless and I feel as if I'm stuffed. WOW - that didn't sound very humble, did it? I said that too mean that I've had WAY more than enough, and yet I'm still learning the lesson! Huge dose was served just yesterday!

And maybe, just maybe, I've learned now! But I'm sure I'll need a few refresher courses. I found the following scripture when I was searching Bible Gateway for 'humility'. Zephaniah 2:3 says that if I seek righteousness and humilty, perhaps I'll be sheltered from God's anger (that is my paraphrase completely but I think it's close - OOPs - it's that humility thing again). So if any of you see a fierce storm that appears to be quite central to one location, and rather intense, please note that it's probably me and God is angered that I haven't quite learned my lesson yet, and you might want to stay clear.

Please God - remove the 'Paula-filter' from my eyes and replace it with your 'Jesus-filter'. And I will praise you from the highest mountain-top as I learn my lesson. In the meantime, please walk with me and throw up the 'Jesus-filter' when I begin to be judgemental! I DO love you God, and thank you for loving me - even when I'm not very loveable!

No comments: