Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I’ve learned.........

I’ve learned that …….

  • even though I may not have had the mower in the correct gear, David is very grateful when I mow the yard unexpectedly.
  • even though he knew it was going to make me late for church (which was really my own fault for not getting up earlier) David really appreciates when I fix breakfast (he normally does that!)
  • refrigerated pie crusts shrink when you pre-bake them.
  • you can use 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips in place of 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate for a chocolate cream pie.
  • David likes - rather LOVES - chocolate cream pie SO much that he didn’t mind a bit about the ‘small’ pie-crust.
  • unless you follow the recipe closely and ‘cook until very thick’, the lemon pie filling won’t get as thick as it should.
  • frozen pie crusts do NOT shrink when you pre-bake them.
  • my dad really appreciates lemon meringue pie even if it is a little ‘soupy’ - hey at least the crust was normal size!!
  • the smoke alarm will go off when you try to make meringue 'cookies' with the left over meringue and leave them in the oven too long!
  • I have a really good friend who's going to teach me how to make a good crust because no matter how hard I try they always turn out bad which is why I bought them this weekend.
  • it really doesn’t take a lot of money, just a little time, effort, and love to make the men in our lives feel really special and loved!! (This of course, wasn't something I learned just this weekend.)

    Happy Fathers Day – to my Dad and my husband!

No comments: