Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sometimes I think my feet are ugly, and then......

In my reading today, I read about Ishbosheth, the son of Saul, and the next in line to be King of Israel. He was killed while he napped in his own house in the heat of the day by two men who were known to be leaders of raiding parties. When the deed was done, they took his head to David to show him that they had eliminated the one person who could stand in the way of David becoming King.

Because they had acted outside the will of God, David condemned their act, and he commanded his men to kill them. Their hands and feet were cut off – to symbolize the punishment for the hands who did the act, and for the feet who carried the news.

I was immediately struck by another verse that starts, ‘How beautiful are the feet…..’ but I couldn’t remember all of the verse so I looked it up. It is a beautiful contrast to the passage in Samuel. Isaiah 52:7 says, How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!”

How much better off we are when we not only follow God’s will, but we carry good news rather than bad.

I've decided my feet aren't so bad after all!!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You have beautiful feet, my friend!

Lutiemom said...

Wow, Paula. That is absolutely beautiful! I am so glad you shared what God was revealing to you.