Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm so vain. . .

So last Thursday, David emails me toward the end of the day to let me know that we were invited to a fundraising event on Saturday evening for the Paris YMCA. I replied right back saying ‘What’s the dress code – and be sure to ask someone who actually knows!”. His reply was semi-formal. So I did the semi-formal thing – black cocktail dress, stockings (and that's another whole story), black shoes, pearl necklace, etc. The whole 9-yards so to speak. I wanted to do my nails too, but rather than go spend the money (AND take the time) for a manicure, I went to Wal-Mart and bought these fake French-manicure nail tips. Just getting them on was comical, but I will say that they looked REALLY nice. And all day yesterday, I had compliments about how nice my nails looked! I was feeling a little special (translated - VAIN!!!) I’ve never had nail tips like this before, and typically when my nails get very long I clip them back because they interfere with typing, writing, picking my nose, etc.!!

At any rate, I come to work this morning and open the drawer to get the orientation laptop out and popped a nail off. THAT ticked me off because now my nails don't look so nice. Tough luck, must proceed with the day and laugh, right?! Orientation goes well, and I return to my desk. I open a drawer to get something, and POP goes another nail and I laughed out loud. By this time, I had told Twon and Tonya that ‘vanity has its price’ and was laughing about my poor fingernails.

Just a few minutes ago, the office is full of people because there are two interviews going on at the moment, and I went to get something out of my purse. . . POP goes the third nail and by this time, I’m just thankful that I wear glasses so that I don’t blind myself as the fake nail tips go flying about the room!!!

So much for vanity. I’ve tried to pop the rest of them off (so that my hands don’t look so. . . STRANGE), but of course now that I WANT them off I’ll need a pry bar and gasoline, turpentine, or some other highly flammable solvent to dissolve the glue. Glad I didn’t spend a lot of money on THIS manicure!!!

12 comments:

Marsha said...

I think you're just a Girly-Girl and the rest of us would have reacted the same way... with a little humor and a lot of relief that we hadn't taken the more expensive route!

Shavon said...

OMG that was so funny. I know you probably didnt think so at that moment, but it just made my day.

wow gold said...

A very addictive podcast you have going. Great material with a great delivery.

Beacon2Light said...

Glad to see your humor in what would otherwise be a very irritating situation. God bless you and your family.

vuhelp.net said...

Nice blogger

Unknown said...

http://pay4shares.com/?share=125837 earn money

Unknown said...

http://pay4shares.com/?share=125837 earn money & easy job

Unknown said...

http://pay4shares.com/?share=125837 earn money & easy job

Bali car transport said...

nice info

Nusa dua restaurant said...

mantap gan

Sewa mobil di bali said...

thank you

Home balinese traditional said...

i like this blog