Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She speaks and writes and leads........

I'm going to the Proverbs 31 Ministry 'She Speaks' conference this weekend with my dear friend Sara! It should be an interesting weekend since we're going to learn more about starting a women's ministry - something that's been on our heart's for a LONG time.


Isn't it interesting how God works in our lives sometimes? (Who am I kidding - God is ALWAYS working in our lives - it's just that we limit Him to sometimes!) Anyway, for a very long time - probably close to a year now, I've talked about wanting to start a bible study, small group, sunday school class or something for women. I've never really figured out what it's supposed to look like or how it's supposed to work but 'talked' about it for so long that just recently Sara said to me - You need to just quit talking about it and get busy doing it. She says it like it is....... Thanks Sara!!


I'm reading a book called 'Leading Women to the Heart of God' by Lysa Terkuerst which is also the same thing that this conference is about this weekend. It talks about various ways to reach women not only within the community of our church, but also without - outside the brick and mortar of the building.


And then I get a call the other day from Missy asking if I'd be interested in working with her and a few other women to start some kind of class for women and holding it in a neutral location - someplace other than the church building.


Isn't it interesting how God works everything according to His timing!


So, I've said ALL of that to say - please pray for Sara and me this weekend (and Kathy and Missy as well since they're going to the same conference) as we seek God's guidance and direction. I think it's very interesting to see how God works and uses the events in our lives to bring us to the point where He'll use us. I don't know exactly what this WM is going to look like, but I'm VERY excited to see how God is going to put it all together and use us to accomplish His plan.



Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Hey Paula! The blog looks great. Please know I will be lifting you all up to our Lord.

Kathy said...

It's now after the fact, Sister, and I think we all still feel like..."Isn't God amazing?!" Love your blog (except when you post embarrassing pix, ahem...) :-) Love you, too, and I'm so glad you and Sara came this year.

Kathy said...

BTW--I loved Robin Hood, too. We should get together and watch it some time! ;-)