Friday, November 21, 2008

Black or White.......... NO Gray Area

I have been asked to participate in an event this Spring. I’ve known for a couple of months that this event was going to take place, and have said that I would ‘attend’ and ‘help’ but not REALLY participate. And then I was asked to be ON the team again - REALLY participate. So, I said that I would pray about it and let them know by the end of the week. So here it is the end of the week, and I’ve received no real clarification with regard to my prayers.

Am I praying enough? Earnest enough? Is my heart truly in it?

I read a devotion this week on obedience that was based on Deuteronomy 28:2 – “All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God.” I wondered why I was reading about obedience when I haven’t really received any clear guidance yet on WHAT to obey. So I read further, and read about the consequences of obedience – Blessings or Curses. Still no real clarification on my participation level in the event next spring, but definitely some clarification on the consequences!

Blessings – Deuteronomy 28:2-12 OR Curses – Deuteronomy 28:13-19

So with regard to obedience..... it’s either Black or White….. there’s no gray area.

No comments: