Thursday, November 27, 2008

Being obvious about it......

I'm up early this morning, because later today there will be a crowd of hungry people at my door. The turkey is in the oven, and I'm getting ready to go make bread, and dressing, and green beans, and other things........ though not the noodles. I relied on the good Amish folks to make those for me (thank goodness!)

Anyway, once I got the turkey in the oven and a cup of coffee in my hand, I decided to sit down and read my devotion for the day. It came from Zechariah 8:23 where it talks about 10 men from every nation grasping the sleeve of a Jewish man because they've heard that God is with him. Ahhhhh..... to be like the Jewish man in that scripture - with others holding on to me because they've heard that I know God and He is with me. I hope that I live my life so that others can tell that I know God. I hope that I live my life as if it were my last day! As Missy mentioned in her blog earlier this week, she heard Ed Duke say at an invitation after a service, "you never know when it will be your last day" - and then he passed away the next day. (I didn't know Ed real well, but I'm certain that he was living his life as though it might be his last day - and because of that I'm certain he's having a feast with God today!)

So this Thanksgiving Day, I am giving Thanks that I can live as though it might be my last day, which hopefully in turn will show people WHO I live for...... I am so thankful to live here and now, with the ability and right to love and serve God and be obvious about it!!

No comments: