Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Days... Snow Days... Cold and Treacherous Snow Days...

I don't know who (Caleb or me!) was excited more yesterday when our friendly neighbor (Bob - the school teacher) called to let us know that school was cancelled due to the weather. In fact, about a 1/2 hour after Bob called, I had to call him back to apologize because it occurred to me that I hung up on him. He said - Yep, you yelled WOO-HOO and slammed the phone down. How rude...... but I really DID have good news to spread!

Needless to say, Caleb ran and jumped in our bed, snuggled into the covers, turned the TV on and stayed there for a LONG time. I logged onto work for a few hours, and after lunch we made cookies and cinnamon rolls......... YUMMY!! It was a supreme sacrifice for me to stay home so that David could get out and go to work, but I didn't mind making that sacrifice for my beloved husband. I know he really wanted to go out yesterday.

Sadly, I had to call on some good friends (THANKS Chris and Sherri) to keep Caleb today so that I could drag myself out of the house, and go back to work today. Guess that's what I get.

No comments: