Wednesday, June 17, 2009

'Cat-birds' and cars.......

I love my cat. 'Kim the cat' is very loveable, he's a great mouser, he's very loveable, he's a great mouser.... Sounds like I am trying to convince myself.

Seriously, I love my cat because most of the time, he makes me laugh when I see him climb a tree after something that caught his eye - a bug, a leaf blowing, not necessarily a bird.



He's just a little freaky sometimes though, and I get so cracked up watching him. I took a picture of him a week or so ago with my 'old-fashioned' camera - the kind that you have to take the film to be developed. I love that old camera. He was sitting on top of a blue-bird house that we have in the yard. (I'll scan and post it later.)

Unfortunately, the blue-birds no longer use it because the squirrels chewed the opening out so that they could take up residence, and then a huge black snake took up residence. David opened the door of the birdhouse one day to see if there might be a blue-bird nest, and the snake fell out on him. Good thing it happened to David, because I wouldn't have lived to tell that story.

Anyway, I love my cat. Until he does something like this.......



In this photo, he almost looks proud of himself. I wanted to throw a bucket of water on him, but that would have created the need to wash the car, and I wasn't really that motivated. Besides that, when he saw me coming he would have jumped off and ran away. In truth, I wasn't really motivated enough to try to sneak up on him to throw water.



Oh well, another day maybe! I looked a lot like the cat soon enough..... but only in my recliner!!

No comments: