Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It runs deep......

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....... the men in my family are fisherman. They love to fish, and nights like last night make it worthwhile.

As they headed to the lake, I said I'd be there shortly. Then the phone rang, and I was distracted briefly. Caleb came running back to the house yelling at me to bring the camera. This is what he wanted me to see - and show!!

It appeared to be huge!



Wait a minute..... It WAS huge........ and strange looking. It's called an Albino Catfish (I think!) That's what we called it. We've seen them in the lake for a couple of years now.



The 'excitement meter' just got pegged. This was serious business.... and so they fished... (this is Austin)...



.... and fished....



... and caught a small one.......... but THEN...



... Caleb caught this 'big Daddy'......



...using this little hook called a 'midget hook' which I've just learned from Caleb is about 1.5 inches long. (The picture is blurry, but I think you can tell how small the hook really is.)



This catfish was 5.2 lbs.... and 21 inches long..... I'd call that a keeper.

While they fished, I entertained myself by taking pictures of others things like this goose feather .... which was really quite large, but since there's no perspective in my picture,you can't really tell ....



... and this wildflower ...



... and this foot..... and it's BIG!! REALLY BIG, but since there's no perspective in the photo, and you can't see the entire foot, you can't really tell. But take my word for it - that's a BIG foot!!




Here they are side-by-side (the fish that is.... )



And here are the 'men' returning from their journey...





And that's the end to a perfect fishing trip....... well, all except the 'cleaning' which made me queasy and so I ran to the house and took my camera with me!!

5 comments:

Melissa Milbourn said...

okay, if Denny reads this he's gonna want to go fishing at the Sprigg's

Paula said...

Seriously?? He likes to fish? I know just the guy to take him fishing......... he could provide all of the fishing gear too! HA.

Midget hooks and worms......!

Sara Boyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Boyer said...

Wow! Those are big fish! How cool is it that they can just walk down the road and drop in a line. I can tell that Caleb is going to be addicted to crank baits just like his daddy!

Kathy said...

I LOVE this post! I was telling the kids about the albino fish. I'll have to show them the pictures.