Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Random Summer Fun

We' (Caleb, Ruth, and I) have been in a Missouri for a few days while David and Nate went fishing and had some 'guy time'. We left Saturday, so the guys have been in and out for the past few days going fishing. I heard they went to Gander Mountain and bought some new fishing tackle. Imagine that!! Nate's comment to Ruth - Dad said don't tell Mom 'cause we bought a ton of new fishing 'stuff'. David's comment to me - Nate said we didn't have enough fishing 'stuff'. I'm not sure who I should believe but it's become obvious that we can't leave the two of them home alone. David told me last night that he had to clean up the house because between the two of them, they'd had every tackle box he owns - and he owns a few - scattered across the living room and kitchen and 'gone through all of it.' My dear sweet husband is 'hard-core' when it comes to fishing and I'm afraid he may have corrupted Nate. Sorry Ruth!We've had some fun here in Missouri. We went to a rodeo on Saturday night, and I'm sorry that I didn't take any pictures - at least I can't find them on the camera. But we had a great time - we all decided that the Bull-riding was our favorite part of the rodeo. Then on Sunday, we went to the pool, Monday was a completely LAZY day...... I'm not even sure we left the house until we went to Gage's baseball game. Today, we're sitting here watching the storm clouds roll in and ruin our plans to go to Arrow Rock for a hike and picnic and then to the pool later in the day. Possibly a movie........ hmmm?

I've posted some random pictures below... The cat was about arm's length above my head in a tree.... Caleb at Track Day - one of the last day's before summer break... Caleb's cousin Gage - a little cutie....... Caleb and his other cousin Ryan - they are the same age and they go for months without seeing one another, but always pick up right where they left off and have so much fun together..... the boys at the pool 'warming up'.........

3 comments:

Sara Boyer said...

I loved the photo of the boys laying on the concrete to warm up. That brings back great memories. I'm so glad that you have this opportunity to hang with Caleb this summer. It sounds like a great time was had by all of you in Missouri! I would love pictures of you at the city museum going through the maze!

Melissa Milbourn said...

were you so drunk at the rodeo that you can't remember if you took any pictures?? LOL

Paula said...

No - I left my camera in the car because I didn't want to carry it. But they did have a beer garden, and there were plenty of people who were so drunk that it was amusing to watch. One lady was standing on the top row of bleachers and dancing with her arms up over her head. I'm fairly certain that she was so drunk she wouldn't have felt any pain had she fallen off backwards.

The rodeo was GREAT fun!! Did I mention that I LOVE a good rodeo? Especially the bull riding.