Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Proverbs and more...

I've been reading through Proverbs these past few days and some mornings I have to admit that I just chuckle at some of the things I read. It's been very thought-provoking.

My One-Year Chronological Bible is in the NLT and I really like that translation. But sometimes I refer back to my NIV just so that I can see the difference in wording. Like many other people, sometimes I like - appreciate - understand - one translation better than the other.

Proverbs 10:19 (NIV) When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his toungue is wise. WOW - that is very good advice. But I have to admit that my blunt, straightforward nature likes the way the NLT says this particular Proverbs much better.

Proverbs 10:19 (NLT) Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut!

Ummm - I think I've said enough!