Monday, September 14, 2009

To the tune of 'Where, oh where has my little dog gone..... (sort of!!)

Why oh why can’t I sleep at night? Why oh sleep, can’t I find?
It’s only because I am all ‘ate up’ – with all that’s been on my mind.

The oldest is off to the ‘ole Air Force, his wife is shedding a tear.
Their baby is due in late January – will Nate, or won’t Nate be here???

Husband is off to work at his job, youngest is off to his school...
I’m looking for jobs, I work on projects, I scurry about like a fool….

The economy stinks, the job market is down
I think I’ll just go and lay down………..

My mind just swirls the whole night through, it swirls and goes round and round
And then that darned clock goes beep beep beep beep
And suddenly I’m sleeping quite sound.

But the coffee is brewing, and my Bible is calling….
And so starts another great day!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

You are so creative! Liftin' you up today, especially.